Eligibility & Requirements
By accepting gifts from the Holiday Giving program, you agree to allow The Arc Central Chesapeake Region to use your story and likeness in future marketing and promotional materials. Click here to see the full terms of the release policy.
To be eligible you must:
- Have a child with a disability under the age of 21
- Reside in the state of Maryland and live in one of the counties supported by The Arc Central Chesapeake Region (Anne Arundel, Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties)
- Complete and submit the online application
Applications are now CLOSED
Does my child have to have a disability?
The Arc accepts applicants who have been diagnosed with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. The list below is a reference and is by no means exhaustive. If you have questions about your eligibility, contact email@example.com.
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Visual Impairment Including Blindness
- Emotional Disturbance
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Autism Developmental Delay
Can I mail in the application?
The Arc requests that all applications be submitted online. If you need special accommodations to fill out the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to share my story if I receive a grant?
Yes. By accepting a gift from the Holiday Giving program, you are agreeing to allow The Arc to use your story and likeness for future marketing purposes of the grant.
How detailed should my application be?
The more detailed your application is, the better we’ll be able to supply your child with the gifts they want for the holiday season.
Can I submit an application for more than one child?
Yes, you will need to fill out an application for each child in your household.