Family Supports Grant
COVID-19 Family In-Home Supports Grant
Thanks to Anne Arundel County and Anne Arundel Community Development Services, Inc., The Arc is opening another round of the COVID-19 Family In-Home Supports Grant for families with children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. This program will provide short-term, in-home supports to children (ages 0-21) with intellectual or developmental disabilities living in Anne Arundel County. Families are eligible to receive up to $500.
This grant is administered on a first-come, first-serve basis. All funds granted to families must be used by December 31, 2021.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need assistance filling out the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Maximum grant awards are $500. If selected for an award you will need to submit a W9 and invoice from the person/company you wish to use to email@example.com. The Arc will pay the person/company directly within 5 business days of the receipt of paperwork. EFT is strongly encouraged to ensure timely receipt of funds.
Eligibility & Requirements
Preference is given to families who did not receive funding through this grant in 2020.
To be eligible you must:
- Have a child with an intellectual/developmental disability, under the age of 21
- Reside in Anne Arundel County
- Complete and submit the online application
What Can I Apply For?
- Childcare for parent(s) to complete necessary personal tasks such as medical or other critical appointments
- Childcare for parent(s) as they recover from a COVID-19 diagnosis
- Virtual learning support for a child, so the parent(s) can complete work without needing to provide supervision of virtual learning
- Childcare while parent(s) complete basic tasks that are not able to be completed with their child (i.e. grocery shopping, laundry, other household chores, etc.)
- Childcare to allow parent(s) to have a mental health break
What is not eligible?
- Routine childcare bills – this grant is not intended to support routine or ongoing childcare needs.
- Providers in your household – this grant cannot be used to pay someone living in the same household as the family.
Does my child qualify?
The Arc accepts applicants who have been diagnosed with an intellectual and/or developmental disability. The list below is a reference and is by no means exhaustive. If you have questions about your eligibility, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Visual Impairment Including Blindness
- Emotional Disturbance
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Autism Developmental Delay
Can I apply for a grant for each of my children?
No. Each family who is awarded a grant can receive a maximum of $500 for in-home supports. If you received funding through the last round (Fall 2020), you may apply again – however, you will be placed on a waitlist. The Arc will begin reviewing waitlist applications in mid-October (2021).
Can I use this grant to pay for childcare for all my kids?
Yes. You may use this grant to cover childcare for all of your children, not just your child with a disability. Families will not receive more than $500.
How does payment work?
Can I pay my spouse/child to administer services through this grant?
If I receive funding from DDA or the Autism Waiver, can I still apply?
Yes. You are still eligible to receive a grant as long as you meet the other eligibility requirements.
Can I mail in the application?
If I work for The Arc, can I apply?
Yes. This grant is open to all families with a child with a disability (ages 0-21), who reside in Anne Arundel County.