Family Supports Grant
COVID-19 Family In-Home Supports Grant
The Arc Central Chesapeake Region is partnering with Anne Arundel County Executive Steuart Pittman to offer a COVID-19 Family In-Home Supports program for families with children with disabilities. This program will provide short-term, in-home supports to children (ages 0-21) with disabilities living in Anne Arundel County. Families are eligible to receive up to $500.
Applications Available: November 13, 2020
Application Deadline: December 20, 2020
This grant is administered on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need assistance filling out the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be notified within 3 business days of the status of your award. If awarded a grant, you will need to submit:
- an invoice from your person/company providing supports (this cannot be a member of your household)
- W9 form
Maximum grant awards are $500 per family. If selected for an award you will need to submit a W9 and invoice from the person/company you wish to use to email@example.com. The Arc will pay the person/company directly via check within 3 days of the receipt of paperwork.
Eligibility & Requirements
To be eligible you must:
- Have a child with a disability, under the age of 21
- Reside in Anne Arundel County
- Complete and submit the online application
What Can I Apply For?
- Childcare for parent(s) to complete necessary personal tasks such as medical or other critical appointments
- Childcare for parent(s) as they recover from a COVID-19 diagnosis
- Virtual learning support for a child, so the parent(s) can complete work without needing to provide supervision of virtual learning
- Childcare while parent(s) complete basic tasks that are not able to be completed with their child (i.e. grocery shopping, laundry, other household chores, etc.)
- Childcare to allow parent(s) to have a mental health break
Can I apply for a grant for each of my children?
No. Each family who is awarded a grant can receive a maximum of $500. You will not receive more than one grant per family.
Can I use this grant to pay for childcare for all my kids?
Yes. You may use this grant to cover childcare for all of your children, not just your child with a disability. Families will not receive more than $500.
How does payment work?
Can I pay my spouse/child to administer services through this grant?
If I receive funding from DDA or the Autism Waiver, can I still apply?
Yes. You are still eligible to receive a grant.
Can I mail in the application?
If I work for The Arc, can I apply?
Yes. This grant is open to all families with a child with a disability (ages 0-21), who reside in Anne Arundel County.
Please note: you must complete the entire application to be considered. All applications must be submitted online. Incomplete applications will not be considered for an award. You must click submit for your application to be received.