To check out the impact from the last grant cycle of the Family Fund, click here.
The Family Fund is administered annually in the spring.
Applications are now closed.
The Arc will make all award decisions by March 30, 2022. You will be notified via email of the acceptance or denial of your request. Grant payments can be delivered by mail or direct deposit. All payments will be initiated by April 5, 2022.
Eligibility & Requirements
By accepting the Family Fund grant, you agree to allow The Arc Central Chesapeake Region to use your story and likeness in future marketing and promotional materials. Click here to see the full terms of the release policy.
- Have a child with a disability, under the age of 21
- Reside in the state of Maryland and live in one of the counties supported by The Arc Central Chesapeake Region (Anne Arundel, Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico, and Worcester Counties)
- Complete and submit the online application
- Do not receive funding from the Developmental Disabilities Administration or Autism Waiver
- Are a current member of The Arc Central Chesapeake Region (to become a member, click here)
- Have not received a grant from the Family Fund previously
Please note: You must complete the entire application to be considered. All applications must be submitted online. Incomplete applications will not be considered for an award.
If you cannot submit the application online and need an accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Does my child have to have a disability?
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Hearing Impairment
- Speech or Language Impairment
- Visual Impairment Including Blindness
- Emotional Disturbance
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Other Health Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Autism Developmental Delay
Can I apply for camp funding?
How much can I ask for?
You can ask for a grant in any amount. But please keep in mind, the Family Fund typically does not fully fund requests above $2,000. If your request is more than $1,000 – we reserve the right to request documentation to support your request (ie: invoice, etc).
Can I apply for more than one of my kids?
Does the Family Fund award crisis funding?
If I receive funding from DDA or the Autism Waiver, can I still receive a Family Fund grant?
Yes. You are still eligible to receive a grant. However, please note that preference for awards will go to families who do not receive state funding.
Can I mail in the application?
Do I have to share my story if I receive a grant?
Yes. By accepting a grant from the Family Fund, you are agreeing to allow The Arc to use your story and likeness for future marketing purposes of the grant.