About the Project

The Arc Central Chesapeake Region, in partnership with Education Team Allies, has launched Project Learn. The project, funded in part by the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council, focuses on supporting parents and students with intellectual and developmental disabilities to understand the Individualized Education Program (IEP) process and become strong self-advocates.

Apply for the Program

For information, please contact on Project Learn, contact Deena Kilmon, Director of Engagement, at resources@thearcccr.org or 410.353.1137

The Arc Central Chesapeake Region, supported by Education Team Allies and the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council, is pleased to announce an interactive new program for students with IDD that will help facilitate their understanding of the IEP process. Students in Anne Arundel, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot counties are encouraged to apply. Teachers, parents, and mentors are encouraged to share this information with their students and have them apply.

Is your student:

  • 11-17 years of age enrolled in a public school* with an IEP?
  • Interested in taking charge of their own education?
  • Interested in learning more about how to communicate their needs to their teachers?
  • Willing to attend five fun sessions where they learn more about how to make the IEP work for them?

This program is free and includes all materials and instruction. Students will complete the class with a workbook full of information about their wishes, needs, and personal interests that will help them inform their next IEP, and encourage them to be self-advocates in this important process.

For information, please contact Deena Kilmon, Director of Engagement, resources@thearcccr.org or 410.353.1137

*Students in Anne Arundel, Queen Anne’s, and Talbot counties are currently eligible for this program.

This project was supported, in part by grant number CFDA 93.630, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201. Grantees undertaking projects with government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. Points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official ACL policy.